Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Adventures in Fly-fishing Art......


So one of my goals for my design business this year was to do more design/build projects. Well thanks to a long time client of mine, seems I may get my chance!

 

What it is exactly, well, I shall only give you hints-
 

1.) It has to do with fly-fishing (what?!?!)
 

2.) Paper (my latest material obsession)
 

3.) and white white white (because the room is glossy black black black)

 

Other than, well I really have no idea how it is going to turn out!

 

Luckily I have a very talented artist friend Ben who I am hoping to collaborate with, have the meeting tonight over beers.
(Best to involve beers when pitching a crazy, not sure if it can be done idea to someone...... liquid courage I guess!)


 
Here are some inspiration pics thought I would share...........................................





Headboard created by Paul Meyer featured in the STANDARD Urban holiday issue #8.



Also the following paper sculpture by sculpture Daniele Papuli.


   


 

Also this by Swiss-born paper artist Valérie Buess......







Will keep you posted...... wish us luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment